Fall is a beginning

It is odd to consider that fall is a beginning of a cycle.
We often place it at the end, like the moments before the climax in a good book.
 
This week, I see it differently.
We are getting ready to begin our first full year of homeschooling.  I have struggled with what to bring before my girl. Why? I want the best for her. I want to meet her needs, and still meet the mandates of what other children her age will learn.
 
I have wasted time worrying about that stuff. I am done, and will look forward with eagerness. I realize that Ruth already is beginning to show eagerness to learn. She would rather go to the science center than anywhere else. Hmm, sounds like membership there would be a good thing. We go tomorrow.
 
Structure is what Ruth struggles with.
That brings about anxiety, and tears. Sunday school and church are the places where she is learning to deal with those issues. I fear that it maybe will work against me. But, I PRAY that I will be more honest and open with others that care about her, and she will develop those skills in a place that is as loving and supportive as her first home.
 
I have hopes and dreams for this year.
That is why I think of this fall as a beginning, not an end.
Looking forward is not looking back.

No comments: