YESSSSSS

I have no doubt that home schooling was the best choice for RuthE.
Today, she began to use her new curriculum. We decided to stay eclectic in style. So, we use a variety of materials to entice her. I like how they are set up so that it doesn't take a Master's Degree to teach. But, I digress from the YESSS.

I came home tonight after a very long day which ended with a meeting at church. It was near 8 PM. I was tired to say the least. Ruth had her work done and on the table. It is a good start. But, I was not amazed by it. Though, I must say it was a huge and wonderful change to hear "I can learn from my mistakes" come from her mouth when I pointed out some issues with math. 

I was amazed by some sculpting she did using clay purchased for her pottery wheel. AMAZED! Several reasons:
1) They looked like an adult made them. Details, with precision. Okay, maybe not perfection, but still so wonderful!
2) She did them instead of watching television. This has been a long battle in my home. I get it, but I don't always like it.
3) Ruth accepted the compliments, and the critiquing. (After I was settled in, she made several other critters that needed some tweaking.) 
These critters are both gifts, and for sale. Ruth has  4H goal to raise money for her cat sanctuary of choice. I believe she can do it. Most importantly, so does she.

No comments: