and then there were three


Our stepson and his family moved in several months ago. Ruth has always had a room to herself, and now must share with 2 others, girls her age, who are close as sisters ought to be, and do not understand her needs. We still struggle daily with this, and Ruth just doesn't get how if she shares, and they don't, how they can be angry with her when she does something like stretch her legs across theirs. I mean after all she is sharing her space with them, isn't she?
This morning I woke to her tears. She was in trouble for writing "I hate you" to C, after feeling left out and neglected once again. Strong emotions, come from my strong girl. I see so much growth every day, a giving nature shines through often. Gifts of simple nature, things like the thought of how the girls miss their kitty, and asking if they could adopt one of ours.
I hope that someday, her love will be able to overcome the walls that others build...

No comments: