Dealing with cravings

This is one of the hardest parts of our journey.
How do we deal with cravings? For Ruth, the cravings are sweet and salty. These are not good for her, especially since we are a family that struggles with weight. I think that I have a handle on things, and then, I realize that I likely do not.
We have candy in the house. We make waffles and pancakes. Cake is something that we have at least once in a while. At this time, there is soda in the basement.
All I can say is that I try my best.
We offer her fruit, not juice. The soda is left from a special occasion, and actually Ruth asked that we put it away so she would not see it. That is why it is in the basement. Yes, we had waffles with syrup. I could beat myself up, but it was what we had available at the time. Ruth is just as happy with scrambled eggs, especially if she makes them. The candy is an issue, but even that is undergoing some changes. The chocolate is darker each time it is purchased. It is not intended for Ruth, but she can see it, smell it, and I cannot hide it. So, we are working on it being a healthier type.
I mean, I am trying to limit my own cravings for sugar. It is not easy. The next best thing I can do is to say that we need to increase the Sensory Diet to include more exercise activities. If we can stabilize the weight, then we will be doing a good thing.

No comments: