A gift...

With a child with severe sensory needs, you will find there is a multitude of information that says they need to "work it out". Often this means "heavy work", or applying pressure in the form of massage or blankets/ vests/ lap pads.

Today, Ruth received a gift. One that has been longed for. Her god parents purchased for her a weighted blanket. It is a glorious fabric-- 'soft and silky'. The look on Ruth's face as she wrapped up in her "giant hugging me" blanket, well, it was priceless.

I look forward to seeing how this works in the long run. I believe it will have a great impact on her anxiety and on her well being.

All I can say is "Thank you" for the gift. It means more than words can say...

2 comments:

Colen Mae said...

Well i hope it can help Ruth in the long run Tita. Extend my hug and kisses to her.

Jenn said...

I wanted to keep that blanket for myself, but I knew she would love it way more than I ever could. =)