Finding Her Way

Ruth loved camp. It was the best time, and I am so thankful. I found it was truly good for me as well. RESPITE is the word I heard as I described the way I felt. It was three days of not worrying about what was going to happen next. I sat and read books, enjoyed some down time. What a blessing. :)
Now, today, we went to the library for the rock painting activity. She needed me to stay close by. I should have realized that would be the way when she came out of her room dressed in her yoga pants with a flannel shirt covering a tank top. This outfit does not match, but it is her favorite. I have a feeling it is a comfort measure, as the temperature was 90 degrees. She insisted, and I let her wear it. I knew that it was not worth fighting over. Good choice. We got the library, where Ruth grabbed my hand. Last time, she ran downstairs without a second glance. I sat nearby as she painted her rocks. Everyone was shown how to make a lady bug. Ruth made two.




Then, she made a cat and one with a heart. They were adorable. Imagine my surprise when she asked me if I thought she could sell them. 50 cents for the small ones, and a dollar for the larger ones. I said I thought so, and she tried it out on my pal, Meg. When asked what she is going to do with the funds, Ruth eagerly replied "I am going to put it toward my Camp Wightman fund."
See, when we let go, sometimes our kids can find their own way...

1 comment:

Michelle O'Neil said...

WOW! I am so happy she had a great time at camp. I would be happy to buy one of her creations, a cat perhaps, for Riley? Are you willing to ship?

Thanks so much for your sharing at Hopeful Parents. It made my day!