Support Systems

As a parents of a child, whether with 'special needs' or not, it is good to have a support system. Living so far from family, my system is at times smaller than I would like. But.i think that is where the internet comes into play.

Before I go on, you should know, I do have some friends that understand Ruth, and I just have to say, it is wonderful, just wonderful. My friend, Meg, for instance, will always find a way to help me to relax and see Ruth's unique talent for being open to saying what is on her mind. Meg is the one that bought a the cat rock the other day. She has a son that has dealt with anxiety as well, and Meg just always seems to be able to go with the flow. I know she has moments, and that is what helps. I met Meg when I was working in the worst job I have ever had. Each day, I think she came in just to help me to get through the day with one smiling face. It was horrible. Meg pointed me in the direction of my current work locale, and I can not thank her enough.

In any case, I think I had a point.

Oh, yah, support systems.

I have been reading some blogs for almost as long as I have known about blogging. These ladies just have no idea how much their lives have touched mine. For instance, Michelle offered to buy one of Ruth's Rocks. We prayed for her daughter Riley as they were raising funds for a service dog. I wish it could have been more, but I know that it was what we could do, so we did. Then, Michelle wrote about a new place for parents to gather. It is called Hopeful Parents, and you know it has been great to visit there. If you happen onto my blog, please, go check it out. You will not be sorry to have them as a part of your support system. The things that are talked about range from food issues to Autism to Sleep apnea, and the list goes on.

Little things to those on the outside, your know "behavior issues" ... the parents know just how hard it is to seperate an 8 year old's attitude from her sensory issies or anxiety. Find a support, whether from your mother who reads as many books as you do {Thank you, Mom} to the local pal who helps you laugh to the person you may never meet in person that helps with achieving a goal in whatever manner they can, you will not regret it.

No comments: